August 21, 2014

Blogging

I've tried to maintain a blog so many times, but it never worked out. Usually I posted a few things and I was done. Now I hope to keep on doing this somewhat longer. I typed my first entry over a week before I posted it. Well, I didn't posted it that moment, but I had it scheduled for that moment, so I was quite surprised to see a few Facebook-notifications about it on my phone simply because I had forgotten about it.
Now my second post is out in the world and I was surprised to see at least a few people had been on my page -and hopefully took the time to read it and perhaps enjoyed reading it- , so I'm guessing I'm going to have to write some more.
I'm always very jealous about people who have these incredible successful blogs with thousands of readers. Not jealous about them having a popular blog, but jealous about them being successful at maintaining their blog, keeping up with popular items and taking the time to write it. One of the blogs I have had been following for a while (the last entry was unfortunately in 2009 ) is the blog of the model Elyse Sewell.

I think this is one of my favourite pictures of her ever....
She was my favourite on Americas Next Top Model and later she moved to Hong Kong and she posted silly items she saw or funny things that happened to her. It was incredibly simple, but because everything was so out of the ordinary (at least for us, Western European People*)  it was extremely interesting. (*No offence to the people who do not think Chinese citylife is somewhat different  from the Western European standard) (*Also do not feel secluded if you are not from Western Europe and you agree with this line of thought)

Picture stolen from her blog...
Now the big issue here is: I do not have a extraordinary life. I'm somewhat out of the ordinary when we talk about the big masses, but that's all. Sometimes you just say **** it and go on with it.
One time I was an chorus girl in an amateur performance and we performed the show three times. The first and last shows were performed in the evening, while the second was a matinée. During the second show the seats weren't even half filled, but we did the show anyway. I remember one person of the Creative Team told us this just before the show: 'Don't think about the people who didn't buy a ticket, but think about those who did. Don't they deserve something extra for being here? Now off you go and do this show ten times better than you have ever done before special for them.'
So thank you for reading and I will try to write ten times better.



No comments:

Post a Comment